Blog Archive

Monday, January 9, 2012

Doug's Classic Acoustic Guitar Cake!

The final product with all of the edible, hand ma
From cake base to final touches!
My friend Nicole and I started chatting about a month in advance about her cake order for her boyfriend Doug. She knew well in advance she wanted to order him a guitar cake due to his love for the instrument, and I was excited to do an acoustic guitar cake! She saw my previous post about the Fender Stratocaster cake (a type of electric guitar) I made for my dad, which is where she got the idea. Some people have asked me if I use a guitar pan for my guitar cakes, and I personally do not, as I know I will have requests for varying types and for varying sizes, so my cake are all sculpted by hand. I look forward to more custom guitar cakes in the future! Can someone consider ordering a key-tar cake? I kind of want to make one of these as well =) 
Happy Birthday Doug!

No comments:

Post a Comment