Blog Archive

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pretty Paisleys- Baby Shower Cake


When Gina called me to order a cake for her niece's baby shower, and I started to ask her about her design ideas, she said a few magic words I love to hear- "do whatever you'd like with the design!" Considering I spend a good deal of time watching cake shows like "The Cake Boss" and scouring Pinterest for design ideas, I was super excited to do a technique I learned which looks like embroidering. I loved this idea so much, I kept it simple and covered both tiers of pastel pink and green (the colors of the shower) with white embroidered paisleys and flowers. Thanks Cake Boss, I think I'll be doing this a lot. Simple and classic. And congrats to Gina's neice, the mom-to-be! My best wishes on the journey ahead! 


No comments:

Post a Comment