Blog Archive

Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Surprise 30th Birthday Cake!


A few weeks after I made a graduation cake (posted below) for one of my best friend's little sisters, I got a call from their sister-in-law Maria, about making a friend's 30th birthday cake. Maria and a few great friends had ventured into putting together a dessert table with lots of goodies, including cake pops (a laborious task for anyone who has attempted them), and they decided they would like to save time by having me work on the cake. They had an adorable turquoise and red theme and a picture of the cake they wanted me to create. They asked that I incorporate more height by making it a 2 tier, with a nice big fondant bow on top. It was super fun to make and I was blessed enough that one of the party hosts, Karie Denny of Karie Denny Photography, took some awesome pictures of the cake! Check out the dessert table they set up!

No comments:

Post a Comment